Currently in production and due for a release at the end of October / early November is a 12″ vinyl release on by Welsh producer Kyam. We already featured his excellent “NOLA” track on the ‘Decade In Breakbeat’ compilation and now it’s time for his first solo release, featuring 3 fresh tunes – “Sigh”, “Fernweh” and “Trinket”. Audio previews coming soon!
We’re also pleased to announce a joint 12″ vinyl release with like-minded St. Petersberg based label Opposide (run by Dissident). The ‘Ecstatic Gloom’ release will see us re-release one of our favourite tracks from the Subtle Audio back catalog – Dissident’s weird n funky “Universe Eat Universe”. And, on the flip, Opposide will feature an eerie, creepy track from their vaults by Code called ‘Dark Nights’ (previously released on their CD compilation ‘Double Your Displeasure’). You can also expect this one to drop within a month or so – just in time for Halloween Oooooooooooo (!)
Just in case you hadn’t heard, we recently collaborated with two other labels we really respect on a 3×12″ vinyl release titled the ‘Elysian Boundary’. The idea for the release was initially proposed by Simon Hesford (7th Storey Projects) as a way of celebrating the life of his mother Elaine who passed away in May 2017. With all the proceeds set to benefit charity we were on board straight away (as were the Scientific Wax stable). At the time of writing (after a great response from the D&B / Jungle community) 2 separate donations of £1788 have been made to Macmillan Cancer Support and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. Even at this late stage there are still a few copies of the vinyl available if you want to support —> http://seventhstoreyprojects.com/various-elysian-boundary-7thsubsci001- scientific-wax-subtle-audio-7th-storey-projects-3×12-limited-vinyl/
Here’s the official 7th Storey Projects press release (audio clips via Soundcloud below too) …
“7th Storey Projects, Subtle Audio and Scientific Wax join forces to proudly present ‘Elysian Boundary’, a 3-disc, vinyl-only journey through drum & bass and jungle. Featuring 6 epic tracks from some of the scene’s best-loved and most talented artists, including Equinox, Nebula, Code, Mecca, Drum Cypha & Mantra and Fushara.
This very special release was inspired by the death of my mother last year, and as such, all profits from this release will be donated to Cancer Support and Children’s charities whom she supported during her life – so your support will not only be hugely appreciated by the artists and labels, but will also help raise money for some very worthy causes. All tracks have been mastered and cut by Beau Thomas at Ten Eight Seven Mastering, pressed at Optimal:Media in Germany and sleeved with art by the one and only Tim Reaper.
Although the release is being spearheaded by 7th Storey Projects – it simply could not have been possible without the enthusiasm of the artists and the participation of the Subtle Audio and Scientific Wax labels. A host of industry personnel contributed their time and resources to help in the complicated task of bringing this release to fruition. Words can barely express how grateful we are to everyone who has been involved.
To quote Code @ Subtle Audio: “A Junglist celebrates, grieves and remembers through amen, so we said it in the way we know best”.
Many thanks Simon, 7th Storey Projects, January 2018.”
At this stage we’ve received test pressings of both releases which sound really good and all the artwork has been sent to the pressing plant, so we’re expecting to be shipping both vinyls in or around Monday June 19th.
Both releases come with full artwork labels. The Subtle Audio 12″ comes in a custom Subtle Audio logo sleeve and the Bustle Beats 10″ comes with a 9×9″ sticker which you can put on the sleeve or somewhere else if you prefer! All tracks mastered by Beau Thomas at Ten Eight Seven.
Respects to Dub One, Perry Jackson, MDR, Nebula and Enjoy for making this great music and thanks to everyone who has already supported.
Hope you dig the beats !
Dissident is a real artist in our eyes – someone that steps back from the cliches and takes the time to sculpt his own sound and direction. And now he shows he’s not only adept in the field of sonics but in the visual realm too. Check this video he made for his track “Overself Archipelago” which has just been released on the ‘Decade In Breakbeat’ CD compilation – available now from our store —> https://www.subtleaudiorecordings.com/shop
With the release of our ‘Decade In Breakbeat’ compilation imminent, we’ve been thinking of ways to celebrate our 10 years in this music game, and, what better way to celebrate than hand over to the people that have kept us alive over those 10 years – the supporters.
So, here’s the idea…
We’re inviting you to put together an hour long mix of Subtle Audio tunes released on vinyl, CD or as a digital download over the last 10 years or so. We’ll give the winner a free copy of the new ‘Decade In Breakbeat’ compilation release on vinyl and CD. AND – the winners mix will also be posted on the Subtle Audio site. We will also be posting 2 others mixes we like, so why not have a go !
Now, just to spell it out a bit more…
Mixes should be a minimum of 60 minutes in length
Deadline for entries is Friday July 22nd at 6pm GMT
ONLY music from the Subtle Audio back calatog should feature in the mix. This means you can’t include music from our sub-label Bustle Beats 😉
Please upload your entry to WeTransfer – https://www.wetransfer.com/ and add our email address : info AT subtleaudiorecordings dot com
^ Don’t forget to replace the ‘AT’ with @ and the ‘dot’ with one of these .
1. Machine – Off The Cuff (Spirit Remix) (Creative Wax)
2. Solid State – Just A Vision (Marcus Intalex & ST Files) (Renegade Recordings)
3. Mecca – Solar Ice (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
4. Seba & Paradox – Frost (Bassbin)
5. Skitty – Take Your Time (AKO Beatz)
6. Equinox – Love Thy Brother (Breakage Remix) (Bassbin)
7. Speak – Stone Giants (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
8. Ricky Force – Celestial (Naphta Remix) (Criterion)
9. Pascal – Cool Manoeuvre (Tru Playaz)
10. NCQL – Nocturnalist (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
11. Kindred Spirit – Holy Amen Love (Eastern Promise)
12. D-Bridge – Original World (Exit)
13. Scale – Rage (Omni Music)
14. Tactical Aspect – Untitled (Detrimental Audio, unreleased)
15. Rufige Kru – Is This Real ? (Exit)
16. Alias (Breakage & Flight) – Can I (Critical)
17. NCQL – Breath Of The Eve (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
18. Dub One feat Perry Jackson – Everything To Me (Unreleased)
19. Mecca – Analysis (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
20. Triple Sickz – Murder Sound (Danger Chamber, unreleased)
21. Sonar Circle – Havoc (Reinforced)
22. Lopez – Beyond Fear (previously unreleased from 1997 – 8205 Recordings)
23. Earl Grey – Inner Conflict (Headwinds Album – Inperspective, unreleased)
24. Kyam – NOLA (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
25. Lemon D – City Lights (Prototype)
26. Krust – Ideal World (Full Cycle)
27. Relapse – Break Through (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)
28. Stormtroopers (aka Delta & Format) – Happy (Penny Black)
29. Ornette Hawkins – Jazz Police (A Decade In Breakbeat – Subtle Audio, unreleased)